Canadian literature -- Native authors
- Aboriginal Canadian literature
- Canada -- Aboriginal literature
- Canada -- Native literature
- Canadian literature -- Aboriginal authors
- Literature written by aboriginal authors -- Canada
- Literature written by native authors -- Canada
- Native Canadian literature
- Native peoples -- Canada -- Literature
- Here are entered collections by authors from the three groups of Canadians of native or aboriginal ancestry included collectively in the same work, that is, Indians, Métis and the Inuit, written in non-native or non-aboriginal languages and not limited to a particular literary form. Such collections in native or aboriginal languages are entered under Indian literature--Canada , with the additional heading, Inuit literature--Canada , assigned, if appropriate. Such collections in a particular Indian language are entered under Canadian literature qualified by language, e.g. Canadian literature (Cree). Such collections in a particular non-native or non-aboriginal language are entered under Canadian literature qualified by the language, with subdivision Native authors , e.g. Canadian literature (English)--Native authors.
- Such collections limited to a particular literary form are entered under the heading for the form similarly treated.
- Note under Canadian literature.
Download this concept: